Alaska Part IV

After leaving Ketchikan our next destination is Tracy Arm Fjord.  This is one destination I've been looking forward to see.  I wasn't disappointed!  To see what has been carved by the ice (South Sawyer Glacier) is an unbelievable sight.  The cliffs rise up 4000 feet above the jade-coloured water.


DOL-A-5322


DOL-A-5338


DOL-A-5414


DOL-A-5804


DOL-A-5644


DOL-A-5643
Mountain Goat

DOL-A-5858


DOL-A-5864


DOL-A-5821


DOL-A-5673
South Sawyer Glacier

Previous posts on this series can be accessed by clicking on the links shown below.

Alaska Part III
Alaska - Part II
Alaska - Part I


Thanks for dropping by.



Comments

Tabor said…
This does remind me somewhat of Colorado in the high mountains. Austere and cruel and beautiful.
Red said…
Spectacular colors on the cliffs. It's one of those places I couldn't get enough of.
Stephen Hayes said…
I'm fascinated by the Windex-blue color of glacial ice. Great pictures.
Brian King said…
Wow! Absolutely gorgeous scenery!

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Treasures