It's the Camera

How many times have you heard your work described as being good or some other positive metaphor with the added comment that "it's good CUZ... they have a great camera."

I believe it is the individual using whatever camera that achieves great results. I know some photographers that use 'point and shoot' (compact) cameras that produce great work. They have an artistic eye and understand how to get the best out of their camera.

DOL-A-1289


DOL-A-1273


DOL-A-1298


Whatever camera you are using, make an effort to learn everything about your camera.  I am positive you will be pleased.

Linking to:



Comments

Stephanie said…
Tis true about the eye of the photographer. I find some cameras have better color quality than others. These are lovely images, Daniel!
Buttons said…
Oh Daniel so true so true. Wonderful captures. B
Stephen Hayes said…
Given a choice of having great equipment or a great "eye" I'd take having a great eye. Still, mastering the equipment you have is also important.
Lisa Gordon said…
Definitely very good advice, Daniel, and these photographs are just wonderful.
Brian King said…
So true. Too much gear envy in photography. These are beautiful!
Hilary said…
I can't remember who it was that said this but they compared that kind of statement about having a good camera and lenses to being told "Dinner was delicious.. you must have good pots and pans!"
Red said…
Very true. You have to see something that you want to capture to get a good photo.
Pamela Gordon said…
I agree too. And I also agree that one needs to get to know their camera. Like me. LOL I still don't know much about it. :(
Julie G. said…
Daniel, I definitely agree with your words. Having a "good eye" helps in creating beautiful images as well as being knowledgeable about your camera. Love the photographs featured in this post! Exceptional detail and color!
Adam Jones said…
I tend to agree with you, and you've got some great pictures here.
Liz said…
I totally agree with you Daniel!
I get very tired of hearing, "That's a lovely shot! You must have a great camera."
I have a great response to that one, but I think it's post worthy. It's clear most agree with your sentiments here.
Beautiful images all captured because you have great knowledge of your camera! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Treasures