Snow White

As I was heading out to a doctor's appointment I spotted something different a top a utility pole.  I pulled my car over to the side of the road and looked into my rearview mirror.  No traffic... I slide the stick into R and luckily found s/he was still there.  I pointed my lens and made quick adjustments to my camera settings.

A first ever sighting... I was absolutely thrilled !


DOL-A-0963
To learn more about Snowy Owls visit Cornell Labs of Ornithology

Linking to:

Weekly Top Shot #112



Comments

Lisa RedWillow said…
An awesome awesome catch.

I have a few and was beyond thrilled too.

love it.
Linda W. said…
Wow! What an amazing find! Good thing you were looking up. Great shot!
Hilary said…
Oh how cool is that! A beautiful Snowy. Good catch and great pic.
Red said…
Excellent shot. We seem to have a lot of them this winter.
Melody Harrison said…
Lucky you! That is beautiful.

Melody
domesstique.com
Brooke said…
Fantastic! What a happy find and great photo!
Brilliant shot and so lucky he stayed there for you to take it!
Andy said…
I'd be thrilled also if I had taken this shot Daniel. In fact I'd be thrilled if I had seen an owl.
Lea said…
Oh so beautiful!
Have a wonderful day!
Lea
Stephanie said…
A lucky capture. He is lovely to look at.
Kaya said…
Amazing picture of this bird!!!!!! Many compliments for this unique picture!
Michelle said…
What a beautiful creature! Excellent shot!
Roban said…
What an amazing photo of such a beautiful creature. Good for you for spotting her when you did (and no traffic!).
EG CameraGirl said…
I would be thrilled too, Daniel. I tried to take a few photos of a snowy owl just yesterday but I was much too far away to get a good shot. She flew away before I could get any closer.
ladyfi said…
Wow - what detail and beauty!

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Treasures