Lights, Camera, Action

Our Trail Cam unit operates on batteries and needs regular recharging (more often during the colder months).  It is during these periods that I download the files. Most of the time we have it setup to capture stills. On occasion we try capturing some video. As you will see in this post we have some short video clips we hope you'll enjoy.


I've put out a deer lick for the deer that contains the minerals they require to be healthy.  I also put out apples, barley and corn to supplement their diets once a week.  The intention is to keep our 12 acre property critter and bird safe.


Because video file sizes can be quite large, I've limited the video clips to twenty second lengths.  I may try thirty second clips next time and then decide what format provides the best outcome.


Have yourself a wonderful today and tomorrow.


Comments

TexWisGirl said…
i never get to see deer here. thanks for sharing yours. :)
Stephen Hayes said…
It's like you live on an animal sanctuary and we get to be your guests. Wonderful.
Hilary said…
Oh that young one in the last video is so sweet. Thanks for looking out for them.
Danielle said…
I am so enjoying your trail cam!!!! It is a lovely gift to be able to view nature in all its simplicity.
Buttons said…
Oh these are nice Daniel I see a lot of deer they like my cows salt lick and are not afraid to visit close to the house. I should get a bush cam and you can see them mingle together it is qite funny. B
cry-(((
my internet is bad,and i can't open these-(

have a nice week Daniel-))
Crafty Gardener said…
Wonderful videos of the deer. I'm trying to take more video but find the upload time is so long. Thanks for sharing your video cam shots today.
Nice videos- I'm seeing a lot of deer movement around here lately- since it is deer season.
Rosemary said…
These clips are great! The deer have found a friend in you :)
PerthDailyPhoto said…
So interesting, isn't it amazing when they hold still for a while, they blend with their surroundings so well, excellent camouflage! I wasn't expecting them to be so close to the camera in the third video, good stuff Daniel.
Stephanie said…
For some reason the videos are not showing up on the iPad, will take a look later on the computer.
EG CameraGirl said…
I applaud you for taking such good care of the deer in your area. What a treat to see the videos!
Stephanie said…
This is great that you are taking care of the deer. We get some on our front lawn almost every day. I collect the apples that have fallen on the ground and put them out front for them to eat.

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Treasures