Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Sandbanks Estate Winery

DOL-A-9282



DOL-A-9315



DOL-A-9275



DOL-A-9283



DOL-B-9311


A wonderful afternoon was spent at Sandbanks Estate Winery.  We enjoyed tasting a number of different wines indoors where the in house artist's work is on display.  We also spent time outdoors with a comfortable breeze coming off Lake Ontario.  They have created a beautiful oasis with picnic areas, a large sheltered area if you wish to take cover from the sun.  They even provide an outdoor tasting area with plenty of comfy chairs to relax in.

I'm so proud and pleased to have moved to Prince Edward County where the quality of life is fantastic.  It may be country life, but it is so vibrant and alive.

If you decide to visit, be sure to include a stop at Sandbanks Estate Winery.  You'll be happy you did!


18 comments:

Val said...

Beautiful photos Daniel I feel as though I'm exploring the vineyard with you.
Took your suggestion--enrolled in a interchangeable lenses class. Only downside, it isn't til Sept. 26. til then I will keep clicking away.
enjoy the day. val

EG CameraGirl said...

Sounds like you've found the perfect life for yourself. I admit it DOES sound tempting. :))

Sharon M said...

mmm looks good!

Beth said...

Great photos Daniel!

Crafty Gardener said...

We live so very close to the county that we can enjoy all the pleasures it offers, and return home after a day out.

RedWillow ~ a Beauty seeker said...

The photos are beautiful and so very interesting.

Fábio Martins said...

I work with wines every day!
Nice pictures ;)

Buttons said...

I love visiting Prince Edward County as you know it is a very vibrant beautiful place to explore. Your photos are beautiful. B

Horst in Edmonton said...

I done't drink Wine but I sure love the grapes and it is so nice to see them grow. Looks like you have a great day and the area sure looks wonderful.

Hilary said...

Those grapes look luscious but I much prefer the end product. ;)

Linda said...

One of my very favorite pastimes is touring vineyards and visiting wineries. Love, love, love trying new tastes! Those photos of the grapes are wonderful!

Zosia said...

Do you know this book http://www.amazon.ca/Fool-Forty-Acres-Conjuring-Vineyard/dp/0771040563/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346185253&sr=8-1 ?

Daniel LaFrance said...

@ Zosia:

No, I wasn't aware of the book. Thanks!

Lesley said...

I was just recently reading a very good review of this winery and now want to travel eastwards to enjoy it.

Angie in T.O. said...

We love Prince Edward County, it's a lovely area.

Gillian Olson said...

Beautiful pictures of wine country.

Madge Bloom said...

I would love to visit here... I do enjoy a good glass of wine occasionally... the shot of the green grapes show such translucence it is superb! Thank you for sharing on Weekly Top Shot #45!

Black Jack's Carol said...

These are absolutely beautiful photographs. Those grapes.. wow!