Osprey


More about Osprey 's can be found here.


She had a lot on her mind and was venting.



Comments

Brian King said…
Fantastic shots of the osprey! This is a raptor I've never seen in the wild.
Nancy Claeys said…
Gorgeous bird -- the eyes tell the story. xo
Linda said…
My guess is she was having words for you - they really give us a piece of their mind when we are on the boat - even though I never get close, and always use the big lens, they just don't like us on the same body of water! Great shots - they are a gorgeous bird to watch!
Buttons said…
Wow I have never seen such a detailed shot. Awesome shot. B
Crafty Gardener said…
Beautiful shots of the osprey. Where did you shoot these ones?
Stephen Hayes said…
Love that you were able to include the nest in your image of this wonderful bird. Amazing.
Danielle said…
The Osprey is one of my favorite birds...I actually took several shots of one today...they are hard to capture while in their nests because they blend so well...but you did a great job here...I have borrowed my SIL's zoom lens so I need to get back out to the beach where they are nesting and see if I can get some good shots. These are just beautiful.
NatureFootstep said…
great shots of one of my favourite birds. Sadly I´m not coming this close to tehm.
They can be quite noisy birds, especially the young ones wanting to be fed...These are some of the best close ups I have ever seen. Your long lens is working.
Evelyn S. said…
A true "fish hawk"----more than 18 years ago, a pair of ospreys built a nest in one set of lights above the high school football field in our little town. A pair has nested there every year since. Now there are osprey nests in so many places in our valley and the next; most nest on platforms built by the power company in cooperation with individuals. I love them!
lorik said…
I have never seen these birds before and enjoyed looking at your pics - also interested to read the information link. I also like your photographs very much. So crisp and clean. And the sepia is perfect against that sky. You might like to share any orange-ish images on my Mandarin Orange Monday:)
bettyl said…
What a beautiful bird! Your photos are wonderful.
Madge Bloom said…
What a noble looking bird! Thank you for sharing on Weekly Top Shot #43!

Popular posts from this blog

Tiny Treasures